Dual Degree: MJEd and MAJS
The dual Master of Jewish Studies (MAJS) and Master of Jewish Education (MJEd) 45-credit program affords students the opportunity to acquire comprehensive Judaic knowledge together with educational theory and pedagogic application.
The dual program features interactive hevruta learning, educational specializations, field experience and individualized student advisement. Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of educational settings.
Course of Study
As part of the course of study, students take 12 credits of text courses which require one hour of synchronous study with a fellow student.
- Demonstrated Hebrew proficiency of Level 4 or higher
- Completion of 45 credits, detailed below:
|Required Education Credits
|Jewish History and Culture||6|
|Texts of Jewish History and Culture*||12|
|Jewish Studies/Pedagogic Application Credits||6|
|Graduate Research Seminar
* These courses include one hour of study each week with a study partner.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed application and fee
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate study
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two essays
- Interview, in-person or by phone
Director, Enrollment Management