Dual Degree: MJEd and MAJS
The dual Master of Jewish Education (MJEd) and Master of Jewish Studies (MAJS) is a 45-credit program which affords students the opportunity to acquire comprehensive Judaic knowledge together with educational theory and pedagogic application.
The dual program features interactive hevruta learning, educational specializations, field experience and individualized student advisement. Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of educational settings.
- Demonstrated Hebrew proficiency of Level 4 or higher
- Completion of 45 credits, detailed below:
|Required Education Credits
|Jewish History and Culture||6|
|Texts of Jewish History and Culture*||12|
|Jewish Studies/Pedagogic Application Credits||6|
|Graduate Research Seminar
* These courses include one hour of study each week with a study partner.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed application and fee
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate study
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two essays
- Interview, in-person or by phone
Priority application deadlines are May 15 for fall admission and Nov. 15 for spring admission. Extensions are granted on a case-by-case basis, though financial aid awards may be more limited for late applications.
Director, Enrollment Management