Jewish Genealogy: Discover Your Family History
The Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Boston, in conjunction with Hebrew College, is offering its award-winning course on how to research your Jewish family history.
The course is designed for beginners and those who have started their family research. Students should have experience using the Web and are encouraged to bring laptops or tablets to class to participate directly in Web-based hands-on workshops.
The course website provides audio recordings of lectures, PowerPoint slides and class handouts for those who miss a class and as a resource for all students.
Eight Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. between March 1 and April 26, 2017.
- Basic research strategies & skills
- Jewish migration history & changing national borders
- Jewish naming customs
- Major online resources & software
- Immigrant ancestors & U.S. records
- European and Israeli records
- Holocaust victims and survivors
- Organizing and publishing your research
Tuition & Registration
$250 for eight sessions.
Phone 866-611-5698 and leave a message with your contact information.