Presidential Installation Recap
Approximately 600 people from throughout Greater Boston and beyond came together on October 15, 2018 to celebrate the installation of Rabbi Sharon Cohen Anisfeld as the ninth — and first female — president of Hebrew College.
The event, which took place at Temple Emanuel in Newton, MA, drew both local and national educational, religious, and community leaders, including Ambassador Ze'ev Boker, Consul General of Israel to New England; Newton Mayor Ruthanne Fuller; Harvard University President Lawrence Bacow; Combined Jewish Philanthropies President and CEO Rabbi Marc Baker; Former American Jewish World Service President Ruth Messinger; President of the American Federation of Teachers Randi Weingarten; and Boston Chief of Education Turahn Dorsey; as well as political leaders, rabbis, cantors, deans, and faculty members from many universities and theological schools, and numerous other dignitaries and guests from across the country.
Videos and Remarks
- Watch the Processional
- Watch the video of the Welcome by CJP President & CEO Rabbi Marc Baker and Hebrew College Board Chair Andy Offit
- Watch the video of the conversants' Words of Recognition and Gratitude
- Watch "Oseh Shalom"
- Watch the video of and read Rabbi Arthur Green's remarks
- Watch the Installation Ritual
- Watch the video of and read President Anisfeld's remarks
- Watch the Recessional
- Boston Globe: Rabbi Sharon Cohen Anisfeld Installed as first female president of Hebrew College,October 16, 2018
- JTA News Brief: Hebrew College installs its first female president, October 16, 2018
- Newton Tab: Hebrew College in Newton Installs First Female President, October 16, 2018
- Jewish Journal: Rabbi Sharon Cohen Anisfeld installed as president of Hebrew College, October 18, 2018
- JewishBoston.com: Hebrew College Installs Rabbi Sharon Cohen Anisfeld as Ninth - and First Female -- President, October 22, 2018
- Newton Wicked Local: Hebrew College Installs New President, October 22, 2018
Make a celebratory donation by joining the inaugural Shabbat Table, President's Council or by making a donation of any amount that is meaningful to you.