Me'ah: Empowering adults of all backgrounds to join a vibrant learning community
With three program tracks, (Me'ah Classic, Me'ah Select, Me'ah Online), you choose the option that accommodates your interests and schedule. No prior formal Jewish education or knowledge of Hebrew is required. We welcome students of all backgrounds!
The Me'ah Experience:
- A journey through the narrative of the Jewish people: Participants delve into core texts from four historic periods — biblical, rabbinic, medieval, and modern — to build a foundation of knowledge.
- A community of learners: Studying with others from diverse backgrounds, you will access and discuss new ideas. Sharing a desire to understand Judaism’s rich tradition and history, students form bonds that often last beyond their Me’ah experience.
- A faculty of gifted scholars: Me’ah features outstanding faculty from the Greater Boston academic arena. In addition to their depth and breadth of knowledge, they are experienced educators, skilled at presenting the Me’ah curriculum to a wide range of learners.
Special Event November 1:
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of our beloved and gifted Me'ah Classic, Me'ah Select and Open Circle Jewish Learning teacher, Dr. David Ariel z'l.
Along with Temple Emanuel of Newton, we will be hosting a night of learning in David's honor, on November 1 at 8 pm at Temple Emanuel.
- Learn more about and RSVP for the free event here.
- Read about David's incredible committment to Jewish education, and feedback from his students.
Hamakom yenachem etchem btoch sh'ar aveilei Tzion V'Yerushalayim. May the memory of Dr. David Ariel z'l, be a blessing to all those who knew and loved him and may the Almighty comfort the bereaved family among all the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.
Me'ah Classic: A two-year journey, comprised of 100 hours, (Me'ah is Hebrew for 100) through the narrative of the Jewish people from ancient times to present.
Me'ah Select: A ten-week, in-depth exploration of a specific theme, text, personality or slice of Jewish history, all led by our outstanding Me'ah faculty. Taught at the college level, but without papers and assignments!
Me'ah Online Journey Through the Bible and Rise of the Rabbis: Two online learning experiences with world-class scholars that you can dive into at your own pace. These classes offer the outstanding faculty and comprehensive curriculum that are the hallmarks of the Me'ah program, combined with the flexibility of distance-learning on your own or with a group.
My Me'ah Story:
On the 20th anniversary of Me'ah, we invited representatives from each graduating class to share their experiences and love of Greater Boston's premier Jewish adult learning program.
Financial Aid & Additional Details:
- We are happy to offer generous Financial Aid for all of our classes. Please contact our office for more information at email@example.com, or 617.559.8708.
- We offer refunds for tuition only before the first class. Should you have extenuating circumstances, please contact our office.
Me'ah programs are an initiative of Hebrew College, with generous support and funding from Combined Jewish Philanthropies.