- Can I participate as a single parent?
- Can I participate if I am not Jewish?
- Can my partner participate with me if s/he is not Jewish?
- Do I need any Jewish/ education background or knowledge of Hebrew?
- When does the program begin?
- What does the curriculum cover?
- How many sessions are there in the program?
- How long are the sessions?
- What if I have to miss a session?
- Do the classes break for school and other holidays?
- Do I have to be a synagogue member to sign up at a synagogue site?
- Who will my instructor be?
- Is there homework?
- How old are the participants' kids?
- Is there babysitting available?
- Who are the childcare providers?
- Is there any instruction for the children?
- Can I use the childcare for only some of the sessions?
|Parenting Through a Jewish Lens||$95||$155|
|Parenting Your 'Tween Through a Jewish Lens
|Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens
What does the curriculum cover?
The curriculum for our parenting programs helps parents discover ways in which Jewish sources of wisdom can inform their choices. Here are a few examples of the types of questions addressed: How can I appreciate my child's uniqueness? How can I help my child become resilient? How can I help my family through dark times? How do I talk to my child about God?
How many sessions are there in the program?
Parenting Through a Jewish Lens is made up of two 6- session courses. Parenting your Tween Through a Jewish Lens is 5 sessions. Parenting Your Teen Through a Jewish Lens is made up of two 4-session courses.
Who will my instructor be?
We have a wonderful faculty. You can read their bios on our website.
Is there any instruction for the children?
Children are entertained while their parents are in class; they are furnished with age appropriate toys and books, and they engage in activities offered by the Parents in a Pinch childcare providers.