The Ruderman Summit on Philanthropy, Power and Democracy in the Jewish Community of the 21st Century
The purpose of this summit was to explore and discuss the ways we govern ourselves in the American Jewish community and how changes in recent years may require different structures to respond to the current political and social culture. The event drew community leaders, activists, federation and foundation professionals, and those with an interest in new models of Jewish engagement.
- Listen to event recordings
- View the Program Book [PDF]
- View the event schedule [PDF]
- View Steve Windmueller's presentation slides [PowerPoint]
Panelists and Presenters Included:
Rabbi Elie Kaunfer
Rabbi Daniel Lehmann
Karyn Cohen Leviton
Dr. Steven Windmueller
- How can the structure and decision making processes of the Jewish community respond to 21st century trends?
- What roles can Jewish foundations and federations play in engaging more perspectives to effect change?
- What can we learn from other Jewish communities, non-Jewish communities and American political life that can help the North American Jewish community develop a more responsive and inclusive organizational structure?