Campus Housing at Andover Newton
Our neighbor, Andover Newton Theological School, offers on-campus housing that is available to Hebrew College students. Housing contracts run from Sept. 1 through May 31, and residents can request contract extensions for the summer. While housing is available at Andover Newton, space is limited. For more information about housing at the school, please visit their website.
Other Housing Nearby
Before beginning your housing search, it helps to understand the area. Hebrew College is located in Newton Centre, approximately 15 minutes by car from Boston. The school is accessible via public transportation. The most popular form of public transportation in the Boston area is the subway, known as the T. Hebrew College is a short walk from the Newton Centre T stop, which is on the Green Line, D train.
The most common places students tend to live are Newton, Brookline, Cambridge, Somerville and Jamaica Plain. Brookline is particularly popular because it is a hub of Jewish Boston, with many shuls and kosher restaurants. It is also accessible via the Green Line.
Off-Campus Housing Resources
For those opting to live off campus, we suggest you look at apartment listings online or contact a local real-estate agent. Agents are happy to schedule showings of rental properties available on their listings. Here are some apartment hunting websites we recommend:
- Apartment List — www.apartmentlist.com/ma/boston
- Boston Apartments — www.bostonapartments.com
- Boston Studio Search — www.bostonstudiosearch.com
- Craig's List, Boston — boston.craigslist.org
- My Apartment Map — www.myapartmentmap.com
- RentLingo — http://www.rentlingo.com/
- The Roommate Connection — http://www.roommateconnection.com/
- Trulia - www.trulia.com/for_rent/Boston,MA/map_v
- Zero Fee Rentals — http://www.zerofeerentals.com/
- HotPads Boston – : https://hotpads.com/boston-ma/apartments-for-rent
- Zillow Rentals Boston – http://www.zillow.com/boston-ma/rent
- Zumper - www.zumper.com
Rabbi Daniel Klein
Director, Student Life